Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just a little bit of torture



Let me explain.  These three songs were my little bit of torture this weekend.  And before you ask (if you don't already know) yes I can carry a tune and my voice is ok, so theoretically leading a group of people in song shouldn't be that hard.  Right?  Wrong!  For the life of me I don't understand why I get so nervous when I am in the spotlight.  It's not terrifying up front, no, it's right after I just get started.  Reasonably calm and collected then one line through the first verse and BAM! it hits me like a tons of bricks that I am NOT normally in the spotlight and what the heck do I think I'm doing up there anyway?  You would think that 10+ years of performing in a group setting would make a different, but apparently not.  Sigh.... maybe when I'm in my 80's my mid-performance nerves will decide to leave me alone.  Ugh!

No comments: