Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quilted Art

This is some lovely quilted artwork hung at the Rowley, MA Public Library.  I took these pictures at the 2010 Jewett Family of America Reunion on August 13th.  all this beautiful quilting reminds me of the lovely quilts and wall hangings my friend Shasta made for me in college.  It's one form of art/craft that I have really never had the knack for and therefore leave it to those more apt to achieve greatness in the art form.

This piece was really cleverly done by making each "flower" out of fabrics that really weren't flowers at all.

I love this, but I don't think I would be caught with anything resembling a doily in our apartment :)


Definitely modern and very cute!

A take on the traditional log cabin style of quilting and one of my favorite of the set.

No comments: